Those who follow research into animal welfare must be familiar with the work of Marian Dawkins. When she began looking into animal welfare the topic was not only unpopular but largely dismissed due to what was perceived as a purely subjective pursuit. Dawkins, more than anyone else change that, and she did it with solid research.
Links of interest
- Convincing the Unconvinced That Animal Welfare Matters
- The Scientific Basis for Assessing Suffering in Animals
- What do animals want – A Conversation with Marian Stamp Dawkins
- Why Animals Matter – Animal consciousness, animal welfare, and human well-being.
- Dawkins’ personal website
- Evolution and animal welfare (PDF)
- Articles in Pubmed